January 24, 2019

Vol I. Polar Opposites

If rain is the symbolism of sadness,
why do they help the flowers grow?
If paper helps the children learn,
why is there no infinite supply of trees?

If rainbows are meant to be beautiful,
why does it only come out after the rain?
If rivers are meant to flow to the sea,
how is it fair for them to just, disappear?

If love is such a struggle,
what could we possibly fight for?
If happy ending is the end goal,
would you eventually stop chasing after me?

You and me,
it used to be such a ridiculous tone
to even think about finding
my polar opposite.

Someone to calm my storms
when the clouds weather,
Someone to make me laugh
when my body and soul feel like a feather

If opposites really do attract, but eventually repel,
I’d rather have you by my side
than be someone I romanticise.

When I told you I love you with all my life,
what more could I possibly say to convince you?
And if one day you ask me to be your wife,
what more could I possibly ask for?

2 comments: