February 09, 2019

Vol III. Reminiscence

I miss drinking.

Not something I'm too proud of admitting, but I do miss the idea of a good party.

I miss losing control of my faculties.

I miss the blurry sight after a few shots in.

I miss letting my body move on its own to the blinking purple lights.

I miss the idea of forgetting my responsibilities.

I miss being the center of attention.

Maybe it's not the actuality of drinking that I miss, just the sense of freedom, of not being pushed into one narrow open door, of not knowing what tomorrow will bring.

Of high school.
Of college.
Of the sense of independency.
Of nostalgia.

Maybe it's not the actuality of drinking that I miss so much, just the feeling of when I could go any direction the wind blows.

But now,
it's time to grow up.
No more parties,
time to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment