April 23, 2019

\realist\

I know I'm selfish
but sometimes -
I want someone whose world revolves around me
whose eyes don't get distracted by other queens
whose heart doesn't melt at another princess' distress
whose ears only listen to my tales
who feels me when I'm mad -
or sad, or even glad.

I know it's selfish -
but I want to be the Sun
with a planet who loyally revolves around me,
who doesn't squint at the hint of my brightness,
or run from the droplets of fire
that constantly falls apart from my soul.

I know it's surreal -
but sometimes I want to stop being broken
I want to be whole
Free of the chains of jealousy,
of envy,
of wanting the world to be better.

I want to be someone -
who's worthy of keeping your heart
not someone who constantly
burns it to ashes
rips it into pieces
or breaks it like a glass slipper.

At the end of the day -
I just want to be a dreamer.
I want to see the world not as it is,
but as what it could be.
I want to see the world
through the eyes of a child,
where everything's beautiful - colorful -
because it sucks being a realist.
A realist doesn't get to feel like a princess.

I know I'm selfish -
but I want to feel like a princess,
even if it's only in my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment